Saturday, 2 September 2017

Another week, another video!

This morning I finally got to lay everything so far out on the kitchen table in anticipation of a sunny day and enough good light to make another short video of the ECW's. By the time I had set up the cloud cover had increased, but a few short breaks in the cloud allowed me to at least have a go, and the result is as you see below. Please excuse my rather monotone commentary, it was spontaneous- you can hear the seagulls in the background - and I made a couple or errors, but it's what it is!


I also took a few pics of the completed Manor House and grounds, another Dapol plastic kit with Hovels resin walls and fountain. A touch underscale but OK to my eyes, I did raise the building on a 6mm plinth and possibly should have used taller wall sections but overall it fits well with the theme of the project.

'Effingham Hall' ancestral home of Lord Effingham, commander of Royalist forces in these parts.


Nice Hovels fountain, if a little too pink!



A contingent of the Effingham Horse pass in column.


Hinchliffe code ECWC1....... still brilliant decades on!



10 comments:

  1. An impressive collection put together in an amazingly short time - the video shows it off well. Was it just chance that Hinds had so many painted ECW or was that part of the inspiration? Now you've promised us a battle I shall wait with bated breath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rob - thank you for the comments. It was just a lucky coincidence that Ian Hinds had so much Hinchliffe painted ECW stuff for sale, I asked if he had any going and he sent me a long list of what he had on eBay. I could see that much of it had been painted by the same skilled hands so I bought as much (or probably more!) than I could afford. I had to stop eventually, but managed to get the majority of it, and the best of it. It has been suggested to me by another who own some Gilder/Edgehill figures that some of them could well have come down from that collection as the painting style is so similar, I would love to think so :) Certainly the figures were extremely dirty and much of the fine detail only emerge after a good clean.

      Delete
  2. Classic stuff, Lee! I hope you're pleased with them. They look marvellous from this end.
    All the best, WM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sir :) They are indeed very much my Pride and Joy, replacing those sold off almost 40 years ago when I was living in a bedsit and stuck for my monthly rent! John Tunstil was very generous in his offer and I came away a happy man at the time. Glad to have them back and more than I had to begin with.

      Delete
  3. Brilliant..! Also the old Airfix Thatched cottage.. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve - those old Airfix cottages (now Dapol) are cheap as chips on eBay and so much nicer than MDF!

      Delete
  4. Really enjoyed your video Lee - you are right to be proud of that collection! I love what you've done with the buildings as well, I really must get mine painted up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ian, glad you enjoyed the video. I sound a bit monotone and got lost a few times times but I must say it was a fund experience.

      Delete
  5. Nice cavalry regiment, the Airfix buildings work really well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allan, I do like those old plastic buildings.

      Delete

Comment moderation is now set on. Please bear with me, your comment will be published once I have seen it. Thank you.